Job Announcement - Marketing Specialist
TITLE: Marketing Specialist
TERM: Full-time, 40 hours a week
START DATE/ TIME: 03 December 2018
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All candidates meeting the required qualifications.
DURATION: 2 years, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia, with frequent travel to project implementation marzes of Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shen NGO is looking for an experienced Marketing Specialist for training the management of the beneficiary Agricultural Cooperatives in marketing skills and knowledge. He/She will draft a long-term marketing strategy for sustainable co-operative activities.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of Shen NGO Management, the incumbent will be responsible
- Study operations of the targeted cooperatives to understand and analyze their marketing needs;
- Conduct market surveys, develop marketing strategies jointly with cooperatives according to their objectives;
- Prepare training program on “Marketing of agricultural products”, conduct marketing and business development capacity trainings for the board members, presidents of the beneficiary cooperatives;
- Provide trainings on positioning, communications and other marketing issues using the most effective methods and tools, particularly for marketing of product innovations and new services for the local markets;
- Discuss marketing activities of the cooperatives and analyze the results;
- Negotiate with stakeholders of horticultural value chain, create market links between beneficiary marketing groups, wholesale buyers, processing companies, supermarket networks, exporters and other companies;
- Collect and analyze information on targeted crop market systems, analyze different value chains, make practical proposals for improving value chains;
- Facilitate sustainable and effective cooperation between financial institutions (banks, credit organizations) and farmers/producers and processing/ exporters;
- Draft business plans for small agricultural enterprises and conduct capacity building trainings for farmers and SMEs;
- Writing analytical reports with recommendations for the project management;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS/ MS in Marketing or a related field;
- At least 3 years of demonstrable work experience in marketing;
- Experience in marketing of agricultural products is a plus;
- Work experience in agribusiness and rural entrepreneurship is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Flexible thinker with strong time management skills;
- Fluency in Armenian, working knowledge of English and Russian languages.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
OPENING DATE: 26 October 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 November 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Since its establishment in 1988, Shen Non-Governmental Organization has been involved in development of over 350 rural communities of Armenia.
More information on Shen NGO can be obtained at www.shen.am.