Job Announcement: Project Assistant / Capacity Building Coordinator
TERM: Full-time, 25% for the position of the Project Assistant, and 75% for the position of the Capacity Building Coordinator
START DATE/ TIME: 17 April 2017
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All candidates meeting the required qualifications.
DURATION: 20 months, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shen NGO is looking for an experienced Project Assistant / Capacity Building Coordinator. The incumbent will be employed by Shen NGO Project “Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia” funded by the EU.
PROJECT OVERVIEW: Shen NGO, in partnership with village communities of Geghamasar, Areguni and Pambak of Gegharkunik marz and pasture users’ union consumer cooperatives of Shaghat, Angeghakot and Shaki communities of Syunik marz are carrying out the Project “Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia”. The project aims to contribute to the local economic growth in targeted rural areas by creating sustainable jobs and increasing regional competitiveness in the two clusters of communities.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Management, the incumbent will be responsible for
- Undertaking duties to support the delivery and Implementation of the project
- Writing letters to appropriate bodies, receiving incoming mails
- Maintaining contacts with project stakeholders
- Carrying out the communication and visibility activities of the Project
- Representing the project in face to face, phone, and written communication as requested
- Keeping records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Intermediating between the management and project employees
- Translating the project related documents from Armenian to English and vice versa
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments, preparing agendas and schedules for meetings, taking minutes.
- Overseeing training, technical assistance, and capacity building resources to support the delivery of high-quality cooperative development and agricultural trainings
- Conducting an internal capacity assessment of the project staff to identify strengths and gaps in capacity
- Communicating with other project staff about the technical assistance needs of project trainers
- Developing new training and technical assistance resources as needed to address identified gaps in available content
- Communicating orally and in writing with project trainers on a regular basis
- Utilizing facilitation and presentation skills to support the work of colleagues and beneficiaries
- Attending meeting and conferences as needed to maintain knowledge and skills required for the position.
- Maintaining records and preparing reports on time as requested.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- University Degree
- At least three years of relevant practical experience in administration, communication and capacity building at the national or international level
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Armenian languages, working knowledge of Russian language
- Excellent skills in designing and delivering trainings and conducting facilitation
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Sound understanding of the sustainable livelihoods development approaches
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Flexible thinker with strong time management skills
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.