Job Announcement - Flaxseed Oil Production Expert
TERM: Full-time, 40 hours a week
START DATE/TIME: 01 March 2018
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All candidates meeting the required qualifications.
DURATION: 6 months, with 1 month of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia, with frequent travel to Syunik marz of Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shen NGO is looking for an experienced Flaxseed Oil Production Expert who will conduct trainings for the beneficiary Shaghat Cooperative in the field of flaxseed oil processing. He/she will be responsible for the capacity building trainings for the management of the processing unit. The incumbent will be employed by Shen NGO Project “Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia” funded by the EU.
PROJECT OVERVIEW: Shen NGO, in partnership with village communities of Geghamasar, Areguni and Pambak of Gegharkunik marz and pasture users’ union consumer cooperatives of Shaghat, Angeghakot and Shaki communities of Syunik marz are carrying out the Project “Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia”. The project aims to contribute to the local economic growth in targeted rural areas by creating sustainable jobs and increasing regional competitiveness in the two clusters of communities.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Management, the incumbent will be responsible for
- Studying the existing knowledge and skills of Shaghat cooperative in flax processing;
- Drafting a training program on “Flaxseed Oil Production”;
- Developing training materials for publishing;
- Conducting theoretical trainings for the members of Shaghat cooperative;
- Support the cooperative to set up processing unit (installation of equipment and consultancy)
- Providing technical and technological assistance as well as on-job trainings on the exploitation and operation of the oil processing unit including maintenance and utilization of processing equipment;
- Supporting the cooperative to solve product quality issues, to improve efficiency and reduce costs of production;
- Writing analytical reports with recommendations for the project management;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS/ MS in Food Science, Food Technology or a related field;
- At least 3 years of proven work experience in oil production;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Fluency in Armenian, working knowledge of English and Russian languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com, stating the position title in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
21 Feb 2018