OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All candidates meeting the required qualifications.
START DATE/ TIME: 01 November 2018
DURATION: 2 years, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shen NGO is looking for an experienced Marketing Consultant to train the beneficiary agricultural cooperatives, farmers and SMEs in marketing skills and knowledge. He/ she will draft a long-term marketing strategy for sustainable agribusiness activities. The job is based in Yerevan with frequent travel to project implementation marzes of Armenia.
- Study operations of the targeted cooperatives to understand and analyze their marketing needs;
- Conduct market surveys, develop marketing strategies jointly with cooperatives according to their objectives;
- Prepare training program on "Marketing of agricultural products", conduct marketing and business development capacity trainings for the board members and presidents of the beneficiary cooperatives;
- Provide trainings on positioning, communications and other marketing issues using the most effective methods and tools (marketing of product innovations and services which are new for the local markets);
- Discuss marketing activities of the cooperatives and analyze the results;
- Negotiate with stakeholders of horticultural value chain, create market links between beneficiary marketing groups, wholesale buyers, processing companies, supermarket networks, exporters and other companies;
- Collect and analyze information on targeted crop market systems, analyze different value chains, make practical proposals for improving value chains;
- Facilitate sustainable and effective cooperation between financial institutions (banks, credit organizations) and farmers/ producers and processing companies/ exporters;
- Draft business plans for small agricultural enterprises and conduct capacity building trainings for farmers and SMEs;
- Write analytical reports with recommendations for the project management;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- BS/ MS in Marketing or a related field;
- At least 3 years of demonstrable work experience in marketing;
- Experience in marketing of agricultural products is a plus;
- Work experience in agribusiness and rural entrepreneurship is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Flexible thinker with strong time management skills;
- Fluency in Armenian language, working knowledge of English and Russian languages.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: email@example.com stating the position title ("Marketing Consultant") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
OPENING DATE: 17 September 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 October 2018